Gabion BOX is a rectangular wire mesh box made from double twisted hexagonal mesh of steel wire, additionally reinforced by selvedge of heavier wire running along the edges and by transverse diaphragms. These mesh boxes are delivered to site flat-packed, whereupon they are assembled, lifted into position, and filled with durable rock. The modular nature of the gabion means that it can be used in a vast array of applications and configurations.
A gabion is a cage, cylinder, or box filled with rocks, concrete, or sometimes sand and soil for use in civil engineering, road building, military applications and landscaping. For erosion control, caged riprap is used. For dams or in foundation construction, cylindrical metal structures are used. In a military context, earth or sand-filled gabions are used to protect sappers, infantry, and artillerymen from enemy fire.
It is made from high grade Low Carbon steel iron wire, heavy zinc coated wire, PVC coated wire though twisting and braiding by machine. as well as galfan coated units. Galfan is a high performance galvanize process using a zinc/aluminium/ mischmetal alloy coating. This offers significantly greater protection than traditional zinc galvanizing. Where the product is exposed to water courses or a saline environment, we strongly recommends a polymer coated galvanized unit for improved design life.
|Mesh Size||Wire Thickness||Standard Box Dimensions |
(Length x Width X Height)
|60 x 80mm||Ø2.7mm mesh wire |
Ø3.4mm selvage wire
Ø2.0mm tie wire
|1 X 1 X 1m |
1.5 x 1 x1m
2 x 1 x 0.5m
2 x 1 x 1m
3 x 1 x0.5m
3 X 1 X 1m
4 x 1 x0.5m
4 x 1x 1m
4 x 1.5 x 1m
4 x 2 x 1m
|HOT GALVANIZED/ |
HOT DIPPED GALVANIZED/
|80 X 100mm||Ø3.0mm mesh wire |
Ø3.9mm selvage wire
Ø2.0mm tie wire
|100 X 120mm||Ø2.7/3.7mm mesh wire |
Ø3.4/4.4mm selvage wire
Ø2.2/3.2mm tie wire
3. Main markets of Gabions
Europe, America, Southeast Asia countries, etc.
• Economic. Just fill the stone into the gabions and seal it.
• Simple installation. No special technology needed.
• Weather proof under natural destroy, corrosion resistant.
• No collapse even under big scope of deforming.
• Sludge in the stones is good for plant growing. Mixed to form a integrity with the natural environment.
• Good permeation can prevent the damage by hydrostatic.
• Less transport freight. It can be folded together for transport and further installation.
• Control and guide of water or flood
• Flood bank or guiding bank
• Proventing of rock breaking
• Water and soil protection
• Bridge protection
• Strengthening structure of soil
• Protection engineering of seaside area
• Seaport engineering